There are currently no items in your cart.
Ragtime Guitar composed by Stefan Grossman. For Guitar (Fingerpicking). Saddle-stitched, Solos. Grossman Audio. Ragtime. Intermediate. Book/3-CD Set. 32 pages. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.99459BCD).
ISBN 9780786659166. Ragtime. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This is a challenging set of three lessons presenting a variety of tunes from string band rags to classic rags to novelty instrumentals. The three audio CDs give 3 full hours of note-by-note, phrase-by-phrase instruction.
LESSON ONE: Two New Orleans standards are presented in this lesson. Both are played in the key of C with a style that combines an alternating bass with single-string runs and counterpoint lines. Mabel's Dream was popularized by the King Oliver Band. High Society is a well known Mardi Gras instrumental.
LESSON TWO: Two rags are presented in this lesson. We begin in a dropped D tuning with the classic rag Powder Rag. This is followed by an arrangement of the 1928 Dallas String Band recording of Dallas Rag. This combines alternating bass with counterpoint techniques and single-string runs.
LESSON THREE: One of Rev. Davis's most popular show instrumentals was Soldier's March. It has sections played in the keys of F and C and is a challenging guitar solo that takes the listener from early morning to lights out in the day of a soldier.
- Mabel's Dream Performed by Traditional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- High Society Performed by Tradtional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- Powder Rag Performed by Traditional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- Dallas Rag Performed by Traditional, Arr. David Laibman
- Soldier's March Performed by Rev. Gary Davis
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Fingerpicking Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Ragtime Sheet Music