R&B Soul Keyboards
The Complete Guide. Musicians Institute Press. Instructional and R&B. Instructional book and examples CD. With standard notation, chord names, instructional text, performance notes, illustrations, instructional photos and introductory text. 64 pages. Published by Musicians Institute Press (HL.695327).
Item Number: HL.695327
ISBN 0793597447. 9x12 inches.
A hands-on guide to the essential R&B soul grooves, chords and techniques, taught by Musicians Institute instructor Henry Brewer. Covers: gospel and soul keyboard voicings; technique, independence and the left hand; rhythm, feel and groove; the piano, organ, strings, and horns; and more. The CD includes 99 full-band tracks.
- Rhythm, Feel, and the Groove
- The Blues
- Gospel and Soul Keyboard Voicings
- Technique, Independence, and the Left Hand
- The Piano, Organ, Strings, and Horns
- Rhythm & Blues Playing Examples
- Soul Grooves
- Soul Ballads
- L.H. Chords with R.H. Strings
- L.H. Chords with R.H. Horns
- More Resource Materials
- Four Decades of Funk