There are currently no items in your cart.
- Listen (1)
Score and Parts
Set of Parts
Quiet River by David R. Holsinger. For concert band. Grade 3.5. Score and parts. Published by TRN Music Publisher (TU.CBQUI1).
Sometimes poets guilelessly pen verse for the joy of writing. Sometimes painters and artists simply paint to express their inner joy – or turmoil – and create a moment in time that is meant to be "personal." And sometimes composers – or even the performing musician – unpretentiously write or play for no other provocation than for the inner joy of expressing themselves in music. These are the special joys that creative people seem to relish in during their day-to-day lives - It's like having a secret source for the release of the cares . . or joys . . or disappointments . . or vexation of the moment.
It sure beats kicking the dog. (Which, of course, I would never do.) I'm not sure from whence this composition emerged. I really wanted to write a dashing and energetic piece. It's been a great fall semester and I've had some wonderful events (and awards) come my way, and it seemed like a great time for "celebration" music. And yet, here's this gentle, almost introspective, composition.
It is what it is. Enjoy.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 3