There are currently no items in your cart.
Puzzle Pieces composed by Josh Gottry. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (Flexible Keyboard percussion, Flexible Battery percussion). Ignite Series. Easy. Score and parts. Duration 2:30+. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.17610).
Puzzle Pieces was written specifically for the C. Alan Publications Ignite Series which features entertaining yet flexible pieces for young percussion ensembles. It is a minimalistic work that allows the performers to be part of the composition process.
Puzzle Pieces was written specifically for the C. Alan Publications Ignite Series which features entertaining yet flexible pieces for young percussion ensembles. It is a minimalistic work that allows the performers to be part of the composition process. - Any number of pitched or non-pitched percussion instruments may be used by any number of players. - Performers playing pitched instruments read the left-facing page of the score. - Performers playing non-pitched instruments read the right-facing page of the score. - Pitched instrument parts may be played in any octave. On each page, there are five categories of measures: C - Corner Piece E - Edge Piece M - Middle Piece D - Detail Piece F - Final Piece Just as one might approach assembling a puzzle, this work progresses systematically from the corners to the final piece. Once tempo is established by the conductor or a selected performer, each member of the ensemble may begin playing the 'corner piece' of their choice. Players should enter on beat one of a measure but need not start at the same time. Each player should repeat that 'corner piece' as many or as few times as desired before moving to one or more of the 'edge pieces' and again repeat as desired. At any time during the piece, students may also rest or not play for one or more measures. This process continues as each player moves to the 'middle pieces' and 'detail pieces.' Once all performers have reached the 'detail pieces' and are repeating those measures, the conductor or selected performer should cue the ensemble to play the 'final piece' in unison to conclude the work, in effect 'completing the puzzle.-.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Percussion Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music