There are currently no items in your cart.
Purple Heart composed by David Shaffer. Concert band. Command Series. Audio recording available separately (item CL.WFR350). Grade 3. Score and set of parts. Composed 2007. Duration 4 minutes, 36 seconds. Published by C.L. Barnhouse (CL.012-3566-00).
Purple Heart is a powerful and dramatic musical setting written in tribute to composer David Shaffer's former student LCpl Michael Cifuents who, along with 14 other Marines from the Columbus, Ohio based Lima Company of the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines, were killed on August 3,2005 in a roadside attack in Iraq. The subdued sonorities of the horns are blended with the subtleties of the mallet percussion, creating a compassionate and stirring setting appropriate for any concert setting. An emotional tribute to Michael Cifuentes and members of Lima Company of the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines who were killed on August 3, 2005 in Iraq is now available. This PowerPoint presentation may be used in conjunction with the performance of Purple Heart: http://www.barnhouse.com/images/misc/012-3566-90.ppt.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 3