Pumping Nylon (Book)
The Classical Guitarist's Technique Handbook. Edited by Nathaniel Gunod. Classical Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. National Guitar Workshop. Technique. Instructional book. With standard guitar notation, introductory text, instructional text, illustrations, musical examples and performance notes. 95 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.7000).
Item Number: AP.7000
ISBN 088284721X. 9x12 inches.
Scott Tennant, world-class classical guitarist and well-respected guitar eduactor, has brought together the most comprehensive technique handbook for the classical guitarist. In addition to technical information not available elsewhere, he has compiled selections from Giuliani's 120 Right-Hand Studies; musical examples by Bach, Turina, Rodrigo and others;Tarrega arpeggio studies; and original compositions by Andrew York and Brian Head. Essential information and a great sense of humor are effectively combined in this best-selling book.
- Quadrivial Quandary Composed by Andrew York
- Fanfare Composed by Brian Head
- Soleares Falseta
- Alzapua Falseta
- Sevillana (excerpt) Composed by Joaquin Turina
- Rafaga (excerpt) Composed by Joaquin Turina
- Concierto De Aranjuez (excerpt) Composed by Joaquin Rodrigo
- Double From 'Courante, Partita No.1, BWV 1002, Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- 120 Right Hand Studies (excerpts) Composed by Mauro Giuliani
- Didactic Doodle Composed by Andrew York
- Chant Composed by Brian Head
- Arpeggios From 'The Complete Technical Studies', Composed by Francisco Tarrega