There are currently no items in your cart.
- Look inside(1)
Score and Parts
Psalm 130 by Kenneth Bray. For Brass Choir (188.8.131.52.1.perc). Brass - Brass Choir; Part(s); Score. Eighth Note Publications. 20th Century. Duration 00:05:05. Published by Eighth Note Publications (AP.81-BC976).
ISBN 1554727863. 20th Century.
Psalm 130 is an original composition by Kenneth Bray. It is a truly powerful work, full of chromaticism and motivic development. Mr. Bray originally wrote this Psalm for choir (SATB and organ) which is also available only through Eighth Note Publications and this version for brass choir is equally as effective and moving. The piece commences with almost a feeling of anger and resentment which moves towards a more tonal-centered section which is more calm in feeling. Mr. Bray has arranged many pieces for many combinations of instruments and this composition demonstrates his knowledge of the ensemble and his sensitivity for the musical line. Scored for 4 trumpets, 4 horns, 3 trombones, euphonium, tuba and one percussionist, this versatile combination of brass instruments sounds like an organ playing the rich harmonies and interwoven lines. This piece is not too difficult and is attainable by a brass choir with some work. Psalm is a work that is sure to receive more attention in the future.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music