There are currently no items in your cart.
Promenade Music composed by Hans Gal (1890-1987). For concert band. This edition: SHS 1007; Saddle-stitch. Orchestra Music. Schott Harmonie Serie (Concert Band). Grade 4. Score. 46 pages. Duration 11 minutes. Published by Schott Music (SD.49012047).
This work was written for the Donaueschingen Musiktage of 1926 and given its first performance there together with Paul Hindemith's 'Konzertmusik' and Ernst Toch's 'Spiel' for wind band. Until a few years ago the score was thought to be lost. This first edition reproduces the original Version but it has been carefully extended so that it can be played by the usual combination of Instruments now found in a wind band. The work is suitable for advanced wind bands and those at the highest level, and is one of the first original compositions for this form of ensemble.Hans Gal was born in Vienna where he studied composition and musicology and then taught at the university. From 1929 until 1933 he was Director of the Musikhochschule in Mainz. He then had to return to Vienna and he emigrated to Edinburgh where he was a university lecturer and conductor. Together with Eusebius Mandyczewski he published the collected works of Brahms.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music
Level: Grade 4