Progressive Repertoire for the Double Bass - Volume 3
String bass (Double Bass)
Composed by George Vance. Progressive Repertoire. Instructional and Repertoire. Instructional book. With bowings and fingerings. 46 pages. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.O5429).
Item Number: CF.O5429
ISBN 0852833310. 9x12 inches.
George Vance has produced a new approach to the teaching of the double bass which has resulted in an excellent method for both the young and adult beginner and the advanced player. His design of introducing primarily the intervals of octaves, fifths and fourths is a logical step to ready the student for the smaller intervals which are not as easy to hear accurately. His system is a superb preparation for the aspiring student to pursue other methods of higher technique, such as that of Francois Rabbath.
- Gavotte Composed by Francois-Joseph Gossec
- Tre Gioni from 'Lo Frate 'nnamorato' Composed by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi
- Wild Rider from 'Album from the Young' Composed by Robert Schumann
- The Elephant from 'Carnival of the Animals' Composed by Camille Saint-Saens
- Berceuse Composed by Armas Jarnefelt
- La Cinquantaine Composed by Gabriel
- Gavotte from 'Mignon' Composed by Ambroise Thomas
- Minuet l'Antique Composed by Ignace Jan Paderewski
- Adagio and Presto from 'Sontata No. 10' (solo part) Composed by Giorgio Antoniotti
- Adagio and Presto from 'Sontata No. 10' (continuo part) Composed by Giorgio Antoniotti
- Recitative and Chorale from 'Symphony No. 9' Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Romance and Rondo Composed by Keyper
- Concerto (1st movement) Composed by Edouard Nanny (attribued To Dragonetti)