There are currently no items in your cart.
Preludes, Volume 1 (NFMC) by Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee (1938-) and Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee (1938-). Edited by Rebecca Raffaelli and Helen Marlais. For piano. Performance. The FJH Contemporary Keyboard Editions. This title is on the 2011-2012-2013 National Federation of Music Clubs list.. Contemporary. SMP Level 5 (Intermediate). Book. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.J1017).
ISBN 1-56939-633-7. Contemporary.
This two-volume collection of preludes contains short character pieces with a wide range of emotional expression and a wide range of technical demands from intermediate to advanced. The performer may decide to program these preludes as single pieces or in groupings in any order. While written in part as pedagogical exercises, these preludes are beautifully constructed miniatures that take an honored place among the preludes of Chopin, Bach, and Scriabin. They are written as single compositions rather than in cycles like the preludes of Bach and Chopin. Some reflect the rhythms and dance forms found in the music of modernists like Ginastera and Ligeti and many are neo-romantic in style with emotionally expressive melodic content.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 3-5.
About FJH Contemporary Keyboard Editions
The FJH Contemporary Keyboard Editions is a series that focuses on the best contemporary music for keyboard of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. These collected works by some of today's leading art-music composers will expand a student's concept of rhythm, harmony, sound, and texture. While the composers invited to write for this series use a colorful palette of contemporary techniques and textures, they were selected for their strong musical voices, which ensure that the ultimate goal of musical communication is never lost.
Too often, both students and teachers get discouraged with contemporary compositions because of their avant-garde sound. This series addresses that concern by providing excellent music which is both contemporary and intuitively musical. Contemporary performance practices such as depressing keys silently, cluster sounds, pedal effects, knocking on the keyboard, contemporary harmonies, jazz idioms, bitonality, modes, mixed and changing meters, and 12-tone techniques challenge the student to listen for new rhythmic gestures and tonal colors and expand their interpretive capacity.
While expanding students' horizons, this series helps to confirm and reinforce the musical and technical concepts they are learning in their other repertoire. The natural musicality present in each of these pieces demands the same kind of careful attention that we expect from the standard canon of repertoire.
This series is carefully leveled into the following categories: elementary, intermediate, early advanced, and advanced. Each of the works has been selected for its artistic as well as its pedagogical merit.
About SMP Level 5 (Intermediate)
Seventh chords and melodies in both hands. More difficult note reading with ledger lines above and below the staff.
- Prelude (In Memoriam), Op. 116 (Intermediate)
- Prelude, Op. 4, No. 8 (Early Intermediate)
- Prelude (Escape to Inner Space), Op. 138, No. 1
- Prelude, Op. 4, No. 4 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (from Three Preludes), Op. 5, No. 1 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (from Three Preludes), Op. 5., No. 2 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (from Three Preludest), Op. 5, No. 3 (Intermediate)
- Prelude, Op. 46 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (August, from Three Preludes), Op. 87, No. 1 (Late Intermediate)
- Prelude (Lullaby for Elias, from Three Preludes), Op. 87, No. 2 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (Celebration, from Three Preludes), Op. 87, No. 3 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (Melody), Op. 88 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (Chaotic Life in the 90's), Op. 90 (Intermediate)
- Three Holleck Preludes, Op. 115 (Intermediate)
- --Prelude (Moving Along), Op. 115, No. 2
- --Prelude (Searching for Answers), Op. 115, No. 1
- --Prelude (A Garden of Fragile Flowers with Deep Roots), Op. 115, No. 3
- Prelude (Autumn), Op. 89 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (Dialogue, from Three Preludes), Op. 18, No. 7 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (Flute Frolic, from Three Preludes), Op. 18, No. 1 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (Capriccio, from Three Preludes), Op. 18, No. 5 (Intermediate)
- Prelude (Within), Op. 62 (Late Intermediate)
Preludes, Volume 1 (NFMC)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Preludes, Volume 1 (NFMC)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Piano Solo Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook