Preludes, Book 1
Solo piano - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
Composed by Claude Debussy (1862-1918). Edited by Maurice Hinson. Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterwork Library. Form: Prelude. Impressionistic, Instructional and Method. Collection. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 64 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.2594).
Item Number: AP.2594
ISBN 0739023241. 9x12 inches.
This significant compilation of 12 Preludes represents Debussy's mature writing style and is filled with a great diversity of compositional styles. The music expresses a vast repertoire of emotions, colors and moods. Helpful English translations of French terms as well as Debussy's performance suggestions are included as well as Dr. Hinson's suggestions for performance and an analysis of each prelude.
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.
- Danseuses de Delphes Danceers of Delphi
- Voiles Sails
- Le Vent dans la plaine The Wind over the plaine
- Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air ddu soir Sounds and Perfumes Mingle in the Evening Air
- Les collines d'Anacapri The Hills of Anacapri
- Des pas sur la neige Footprints in the Snow
- Ce qu'a vu le vent d'Ouest What the West Wind Saw
- La Fille aux cheveux de lin The Girl with the Flaxen Hair
- La Serenade Interrompue The Interrupted Serenade
- La Cathedral engloutie The Sunken Cathedral
- La Danse de Puck Puck's Dance