Prelude to Brass Playing
Composed by Rafael Mendez. Text. With Standard notation. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.TXT3).
Item Number: CF.TXT3
ISBN 0825856566. Text: Edward Gibney, Rafael Mendez.
Teachers, parents, students and players of all ages and levels will find important information and great insight into brass playing from one of the world's greatest practitioners of the trumpet, Rafael Mendez, in this book. Produced in collaboration with noted brass educator Edward Gibney, this guide is written in an inviting style that will inspire, inform and clarify. This thorough text covers proper care of one's instrument, breathing, embouchure, intonation, registration, and much more. Everything a brass player needs to know in one comprehensive book!
- Preface by Michael Sachs
- Initiation into Music
- Chapter 1: You and This Book
- Chapter 8: Breathing
- Chapter 3: Embouchure Training
- Chapter 4: Embouchure Training: 1st Week-Preparing the Lips
- Chapter 5: Embouchure Training: 2nd Week-Mouthpiece Practice
- Chapter 6: The Instrument
- Chapter 7: Embouchure Training: 3rd Week-Instrument Practice
- Chapter 8: Reading Music
- Chapter 9: Intonation
- Chapter 10: Tone Development
- Chapter 11: Register Development
- The Road to Success
- Appendix 1: A Brief History of Brass Instrument
- Appendix 2: Transposition
- Appendix 3: Teacher and Pupil
- Appendix 4: Letter to Parents
Customers Who Bought Prelude to Brass Playing Also Bought: