There are currently no items in your cart.
Prelude from 'La Traviata' composed by Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901). Arranged by Geoffrey Brand. For concert band (1st Flute/Piccolo, 2nd Flute, 1st Oboe, 2nd Oboe, 1st Bb Clarinet, 2nd Bb Clarinet, 3rd Bb Clarinet, Bb Bass Clarinet*, 1st Bassoon, 2nd Bassoon*, 1st Eb Alto Saxophone, 2nd Eb Alto Saxophone*, Bb Tenor Saxophone, Eb Baritone Saxophone*, 1st Bb Trumpet, 2). Band Music. Grade 3.5. Score and parts. Duration 3:50. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.R10249).
La Traviata has become one of Verdi's most performed and best loved works. The Prelude, with which the opera opens, offers a fine example of Verdi's delicacy of scoring and genuine imagination in his writing for the theatre. Geoffrey Brand has completed a masterful arrangement of this work for concert band.
Giuseppe Verdi's life is an example of ultimate high achievement in spite of enormous early adversities. Born into a small hamlet in Parma, Italy, Verdi's earliest music influences were the organ and the church. At the age of 18, he applied to enter the Conservatoire of Music in Milan but was rejected. The following year, he unsuccessfully tried for the post of cathedral organist in Milan. By 1845, Verdi wrote of being "condemned continually to scribble notes. Happiness does not exist for me." His music was not widely accepted or performed. Following the first performance of La Traviata in Venice in 1853, he said, "La Traviata, last night, was a fiasco. Is it my fault or the singers? Time will tell." It has; La Traviata has become one of Verdi's most performed and best loved works. The Prelude, with which the opera opens, offers a fine example of Verdi's delicacy of scoring and genuine imagination in his writing for the theatre.
Prelude from 'La Traviata'
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Prelude from 'La Traviata'
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Genre: Opera Sheet Music
Level: Grade 3