There are currently no items in your cart.
Practicing Successfully (A Masterclass in Musical Art). Composed by Elizabeth Green. Music Education. Book. Text language: English. 148 pages. Published by GIA Publications (GI.G-6646).
ISBN 1579995101. With Text language: English. Music Education.
The long-awaited final book by Elizabeth A. H. Green
"In this book...'Practice what you preach' becomes 'Preach what you practice.'
Although most of [Green's] writing dealt with orchestras, music education, and string pedagogy, she wrote her last book for everyone.
This volume can be used by all players of all instruments and by all teachers--it is a book for all musicians." --E. Daniel Long, in the Foreword
Has this ever happened to you? You begin to practice your [insert instrument of choice], and just when you reach a sixteenth-note passage, you are stopped cold. You repeat the offending section over and over to no avail--until your frustration causes you to quit in disgust. It need not be so!
In Practicing Successfully, legendary music educator Elizabeth A. H. Green draws upon her decades of experience instructing students of all levels to break down the practicing regimen into a logical learning sequence.
GIA is proud to publish this timeless book Elizabeth Green completed in the last days of her life. This manuscript tragically remained undiscovered for many years.
In Part One, she suggests isolating difficult musical passages so they become instantly manageable using rhythmic motifs, scales, accentuations, and etudes.
In Part Two, experts on various instruments discuss recurring problems and how to defeat them.
In the concluding Part Three, Green notes the physiological principles pertaining to practice and suggests ways to modify practice sessions to reflect these facts.
She writes, "Ultimate success depends upon one immutable, inescapable, and well-publicized fact: the musician has to practice--successfully or not."
Elizabeth A. H. Greenwas one of the most important and esteemed teachers of stringed instruments and conducting in America. The completion of Practicing Successfullywas truly a labor of love for Elizabeth Green. She was diagnosed with cancer while working on this book and refused treatments to achieve this final goal.
A Masterclass in Musical Art
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
A Masterclass in Musical Art
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Collection / Songbook