There are currently no items in your cart.
Practical Method of Italian Singing - High Soprano (High Soprano). By Nicola Vaccai (1790-1848). Edited by John Glenn Paton and J Paton. For Vocal. Vocal Method. Opera and Vocal. Difficulty: medium. Instructional book. Introductory text, instructional text, vocal melody, lyrics and piano accompaniment. 42 pages. G. Schirmer #LB1911. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50262820).
ISBN 0793539080. With introductory text, instructional text, vocal melody, lyrics and piano accompaniment. Opera and Vocal. 7.5x10.7 inches.
Italian composer Nicola Vaccai (1790-1848) was known for his operas in his day, but today is remembered as a master voice teacher. Vaccai composed these exercises for training the classical voice, extending range and increasing agility, breath support, and all other technical issues of singing. The art of singing reached a zenith in Italy in 1800-1840. Vaccai's “Practical Method” has been used by millions of singers since its first publication in Europe in the 19th century. Schirmer released the first American edition in the early 20th century, and it remains a classic for voice study. The method comes in various editions for different voice types, including this one for mezzo-soprano, alto or baritone.
- Lesson 1
- La Scala - The Scale
- Salti di Terza - Intervals of Thirds
- Lesson 2
- Salti di Quarta - Intervals of Fourths
- Salti di Quinta - Intervals of Fifths
- Lesson 3
- Salti di Sesta - Intervals of Sixths
- Lesson 4
- Salti di Settima - Intervals of Sevenths
- Salti di Ottava - Intervals of Octaves
- Lesson 5
- I Semitoni - The Semitones
- Lesson 6
- Modo Sincopato - Syncopation
- Lesson 7
- Introduzione alle Volate - Preparatory Example for the Roulade
- Lesson 8
- Le Appoggiature sopra, e sotto - Appogiaturas above and below
- L'Acciaccatura - The Acciaccatura
- Lesson 9
- Introduzione al Mordente - Preparatory Example for the Mordent
- Il Medesimo in diversi modi - The same exemplified in various ways
- Lesson 10
- Introduzione al Gruppetto - Preparatory Example for the Turn
- Il Gruppetto - The Turn
- Lesson 11
- Introduzione al Trillo - Preparatory Example for the Shake
- Lesson 12
- Le Volate - On Roulades
- Lesson 13
- Modo per portare la voce - On the Glide or manner of carrying the Voice
- Lesson 14
- Il Recitativo - On Recitative
Practical Method of Italian Singing - High Soprano
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Practical Method of Italian Singing - High Soprano
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Voice Solo Sheet Music
Genre: Opera Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Best of Voice Solo