There are currently no items in your cart.
Power Pickin' Vol. 4: Bluegrass Banjo Master Class composed by Bill Evans. For Banjo (5-String). Boxed, Rhythm/Backup. Acutab. Bluegrass. Intermediate-Advanced. DVD. Duration 140 minutes. Published by Acutab Publications (MB.DBE3).
Master Class is not a term you hear much in the banjo world, though it is quite common in the jazz and classical music worlds. Essentially, it is a chance to attend an instructional event with a noted master of their instrument. In this DVD, Bill Evans follows the same concept, presenting an overview of techniques that will benefit any banjo player.
- (01) Opening tune
- (02) Welcome
- (03) Posture/strap placement
- (04) Neck angle
- (05) Strap height
- (06) Right hand technique
- (07) Right hand placement
- (08) Right hand anchor
- (09) Right hand strokes
- (10) Pick placement
- (11) Right hand review
- (12) Practicing rolls
- (13) Alternating roll
- (14) Reverse roll
- (15) Forward roll
- (16) Reverse roll 2
- (17) Foggy Mountain Breakdown roll
- (18) Backward roll
- (19) Middle leading roll
- (20) Note spacing
- (21) Practicing with a metronome
- (22) Left hand placement
- (23) Slides, hammers and pull-offs
- (24) Chokes
- (25) Essential licks intro
- (26) Earl's favorite lick
- (27) Earl's favorite licks split screen
- (28) Head Over Heels lick
- (29) Rolling In My Sweet Baby's Arms lick
- (30) One measure G - D lick
- (31) Foggy Mountain Breakdown lick
- (32) JD Crowe lick
- (33) Eighth vs sixteenth notes
- (34) Hammer pull lick
- (35) Hammer pull variation
- (36) Hammer pull variation 2
- (37) Hammer pull variation 3
- (38) Terry Baucom lick
- (39) Terry Baucom lick 2
- (40) Hammer pull variation 4
- (41) JD Crowe lick 2
- (42) 1st string lick
- (43) Scruggs pull off lick
- (44) Scruggs pull off lick 2
- (45) Scruggs/Osborne lick
- (46) Combo lick 1
- (47) Combo lick 2
- (48) Bill's lick
- (49) Exercises intro
- (50) Foggy Mountain exercise in G
- (51) Foggy Mountain exercise in C
- (52) Foggy Mountain exercise in D
- (53) Foggy Mountain exercise G - C - D
- (54) 3rds in G exercise
- (55) 3rds in G exercise split screen
- (56) 3rd in D exercise
- (57) 6ths in G exercise
- (58) 6ths in D exercise
- (59) 6ths in D exercise, 4th string drone
- (60) 3rds in G (bluesy) exercise
- (61) 6ths in G (bluesy) exercise
- (62) Passing chords intro
- (63) Passing chord exercise 1
- (64) Passing chord exercise 2
- (65) Passing chord exercise with Bela's roll
- (66) D - G passing chord exercise
- (67) D - G passing chord exercise with Bela's roll
- (68) D - G passing chord exercise (minor)
- (69) D - G passing chord exercise (minor) with Bela's roll
- (70) Theme Time lick exercise
- (71) Dixie Breakdown lick exercise
- (72) Closing comments
- (73) Outro tune / credits
Power Pickin' Vol. 4: Bluegrass Banjo Master Class
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Power Pickin' Vol. 4: Bluegrass Banjo Master Class
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music