Popular Performer -- 1930s
Piano - Advanced
The Best Songs from Broadway, Movies and Radio of the 1930s. Arranged by Jan Sanborn. Book; Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Popular Performer Series. Nostalgia; Standard; Wedding. 40 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.34449).
Item Number: AP.34449
Rich textures, sophisticated harmonies and inventive rhythms make these arrangements ideal for hobbyists, advancing students, professional musicians or any Popular Performer. Titles: But Not for Me * Dream a Little Dream of Me * I'm in the Mood for Love * It's De-Lovely * Just One of Those Things * Lullaby of Broadway * Polka Dots and Moonbeams * This Can't Be Love * What's New?
About Popular Performer Series
Alfred's Popular Performer series includes collections of pop, jazz, Broadway and movie music. Each selection is masterfully arranged for Early Advanced to Advanced pianists. Rich textures, sophisticated harmonies and inventive rhythms make these arrangements ideal for hobbyists, advancing students, professional musicians or any Popular Performer!
- This Can't Be Love (from "The Boys from Syracuse") Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Polka Dots and Moonbeams Composed by James Van Heusen;Lyrics by Johnny Burke
- Just One of Those Things (from "High Society") Composed by Cole Porter
- But Not for Me (from "Girl Crazy") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me Composed by Fabian Andre; Wilbur Schwandt;Lyrics by Gus Kahn
- What's New? Composed by Bob Haggart;Lyrics by Johnny Burke
- Lullaby of Broadway (from "Gold Diggers of 1935") Composed by Harry Warren;Lyrics by Al Dubin
- I'm In The Mood For Love Composed by Dorothy Fields; Jimmy McHugh
- It's De-Lovely (from "Red, Hot and Blue") Composed by Cole Porter