Poems for Piano
Piano Piano Solo
In Three Volumes - Vol. III. Composed by Vincent Persichetti (1915-1987). Solo part. With Standard notation. Opus 14. 24 pages. Theodore Presser Company #460-00071. Published by Theodore Presser Company (PR.460000710).
Item Number: PR.460000710
Text: Amy Lowell, John Trumbull, Leonie Adams, Walter Prude, Hart Crane.
The third and final volume of short pieces inspired by poetic images, from one of America's most admired and influential composers. Though technically and harmonically challenging, these pieces should not be overlooked by amateurs in search of modern material or teachers who want to freshen their outlook and remain in touch with the wellsprings of contemporary musical thought. For colleges, conservatories, all skilled pianists. Midum difficult.
- Rear its frondings sighing in aetherial folds [Text by Hart Crane]
- Listen! Can you hear the antic melody of fear those two anxious feet are playing? [Text by Walter Prude]
- Puffed out and marching upon a blue sky [Text by Amy Lowell]
- And hung like those top jewels of the night [Text by Leonie Adams]
- Each gay dance shall lend a hand [Text by John Trumbull]