Play Ballads with a Band
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD3841).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD3841
Your chance to play ballads with an all-star jazz band! Bob Wilber, a student of Sidney Bechet one of the premier clarinet and soprano saxophone players in the world, created these arrangements specifically for this volume. You'll thrill to playing these ten ballads with a live six piece jazz band -- no midi accompaniments here. Includes a compact disc with a complete performance of each piece and a second stereo version minus the soloist, and a newly engraved music book containing the solo part for each piece, printed on high-quality acid-free ivory paper.
- Witchcraft Composed by "Carolyn Leigh, Cy Coleman"
- One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) Composed by "Johnny Mercer, Harold Arlen"
- Tenderly Composed by "Jack Lawrence, Walter Gross"
- The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) Composed by "Mel Torme, Robert Wells"
- After You've Gone Composed by "Henry Creamer, Turner Layton"
- Manhattan Composed by "Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart"
- Why Don't You Do Right Composed by Joe McCoy
- I'm Glad There Is You Composed by "Paul Madeira, Jimmy Dorsey"
- What A Diff'rence A Day Made Composed by "Stanley Adams, Maria Grever"
- Sentimental Journey Composed by "Bud Green, Les Brown, Ben Homer"