Piano Sonatas - Volume 2
Piano - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Ulrich Leisinger. Arranged by Ulrich Leisinger. Classic. Full score. With Standard notation. 229 pages. Wiener Urtext/Vienna Urtext #UT050227. Published by Wiener Urtext/Vienna Urtext (PR.UT050227).
Item Number: PR.UT050227
For over 200 years, Mozart's piano sonatas have been part of every piano player's repertory. However, research in the last decades has been able to date the works more precisely and order them accordingly. Close examination of the sources now shows that some printed editions from the 18th century must be accepted as more trustworthy sources than Mozart's own writing, since many of the works were rearranged for printing, with precise instructions for the performance in terms of dynamics and articulation being added. The slow movements, often richly ornamented in the print editions, received his particular attention. All this plus newly accessible sources are reason enough to publish a new Wiener Urtext Edition of Mozart's sonatas. The 2nd volume comprises sonatas K. 330-576 plus the sonata in two movements K. 547a. The notes on performance practice by famous Mozart expert Robert D. Levin give new impulses to the interpretation of Mozart's works that sometimes follows somewhat too established patterns.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 7-10.
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.
- Sonata F major K App. 135 (547a) Difficulty 2-3 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata C major K 330 Difficulty 3-4 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata A major K 331 Difficulty 3 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata F major K 332 Difficulty 3-4 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata B flat major K 333 Difficulty 3-4 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata (Sonata facile) C major K 545 Difficulty 2-3 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata B flat major K 570 Difficulty 3 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata D major K 576 Difficulty 4-5 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Fantasy and Sonata C minor K 475/457 Difficulty 3-5 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata F major K 533/494 Difficulty 4 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart