Piano Music of Africa and the African Diaspora - Volume 2
Solo piano - Level B-C (easy - moderately difficult)
Intermediate. Edited by William H. Chapman Nyaho. Piano Music of the African Diaspora. Collection. 64 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193868236).
Item Number: OU.9780193868236
ISBN 9780193868236. 12 x 9 inches.
For solo piano From the influences of the Southern US and the Caribbean to the Igbo people of Africa, this second volume truly represents the music of Africa and its Diaspora. This intermediate-level volume features more jazz and syncopated pieces that are both reflective and dance-like. Performance notes and composer biographies are also provided.
- Lament in Tremelo Form Composed by Laurindo Almeida
- Invention No. 2 Composed by Ulysses Kay
- Honey Composed by Nathaniel Dett
- Nigerian Dance No. 1 Composed by Joshua Uzoigwe
- Prelude No. 1 'Joshua fit the Battle of Jericho' Composed by Wallace M. Cheatham
- Prelude No. 2 'Poor Mourner's Got a Home' Composed by Wallace M. Cheatham
- Oga Composed by Christian Onyeji
- Preludio Cubano Composed by Amadeo Roldan Y Gardes
- Silk Hat and Walking Cane Composed by Florence B. Price
- At a Certain Church Composed by John W. Work III
- Volta Fantasy Composed by J.H. Kwabena Nketia
- Igba Kerin - Awon Abami Eye Composed by Akin Euba
- Igba Kinni - Akere gbe Baba Emu Composed by Akin Euba
- Pomme cannelle Composed by Alain Pierre Pradel
- Basseet Composed by Halim El-dabh
- Nim Nawakht Composed by Halim El-dabh
- If the Silver Bird could speak Composed by Eleanor Alberga