Piano Literature of the 17th, 18th and 19th Centuries, Book 2
Piano - SMP Level 2 (Late Elementary)
Frances Clark Library. Frances Clark Library for Piano Students. Book. 32 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.0126).
Item Number: AP.0126
This series surveys three centuries of keyboard music, including representative shorter works by: Bach * Handel * Scarlatti * C.P.E. Bach * Haydn * Clementi * Mozart * Beethoven * Schubert * Mendelssohn * Chopin * Schumann * Tchaikovsky * Grieg * MacDowell. The student is helped to achieve stylistically correct performance through editing based on original sources, clear interpretation of ornaments, a glossary of musical terms and symbols for each book, and biographical material on composers, relating them to their period in music history.
About SMP Level 2 (Late Elementary)
5-finger patterns still used but position changes are more frequent including one octave scale passages. Some 3 note chords.
- From the Anna Magdalena Bach Notebook Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Bourree in F Major
- Minuet in G Major
- Minuet in G Minor
- Musette in D Major
- From the Little Music Book for Wolfgang Performed by Leopold Mozart
- Minuet in B-flat Major
- Minuet in C Major Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Three German Dance in D Major, G Major and F Major Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Quadrille in C Major Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Minuet in F Major, K. 2 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Allegro in B-flat Major, K. 3 Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Ecossaise in G major Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Two Russian Folk Songs, Op. 107, Nos. 3 and 7 Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Sonatina In G Major Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- From the Album for the Young, op. 68 Performed by Robert Schumann
- Soldier's March