Piano Duets: 20th-century British Composers
Piano - Level B-C (easy - moderately difficult)
Edited by Michael Aston. Piano Duets edited by Michael Aston. Collection. 80 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193721173).
Item Number: OU.9780193721173
ISBN 9780193721173. 12 x 9 inches.
An attractive and varied collection of 20th-century piano duets by British composers. The album includes a reprint of Lambert's classic and witty work, 'Trois pi'eces n`egres, pour les touches blanches', as well as new arrangements of Walton's 'Popular Song' and Vaughan Williams's beautiful but little known 'The Lake in the Mountains'. This collection will be of interest to piano duettists everywhere and an ideal introduction to the medium for students.
- Serenade, Op.90, No.3 Composed by York Bowen
- Playful Pizzicato, from Simple Symphony Composed by Benjamin Britten
- Sentimental Saraband, from Simple Symphony Composed by Benjamin Britten
- Four Pictures, Nos. 3 and 4 Composed by Edward Gregson
- Trois pieces negres, pour les touches blanches (Aubade; Siesta; Nocturne) Composed by Constant Lambert
- The Lake in the Mountains Composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Touch her soft lips and part, from Henry V Composed by William Walton
- Popular Song, from Facade Composed by William Walton