Pat Kirtley Irish Guitar
Guitar (fingerpicking) - Intermediate-Advanced
Celtic Guitar Solos. Edited by John Roberts and Mark Pritcher. Perfect binding, Solos. Celtic / Irish. Book. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97332).
Item Number: MB.97332
ISBN 9780786670512. 8.75 x 11.75 inches. Transcribed by John Roberts and Mark Pritcher.
World traveling fingerstyle guitarist Pat Kirtley presents 17 solo guitar arrangements of traditional Irish tunes including a few original compositions in the same vein by himself, Pierre Bensusan, and Duck Baker. As all of the tunes in this 1997 recording were arranged in altered tunings (DADGAD, EADEAE or DADEAD), each appears in both standard notation and tablature with insightful performance notes. In general, these transcriptions from Pat Kirtley's 1997 album of the same title are extremely accurate; The Red-Haired Boy, however, played as a duet with Steve Rector on the album - appears as a solo arrangement in this book. Recommended for the intermediate to advanced player, the author provides insightful performance notes for each tune.
- Morgan Magan Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- The Last Pint Performed by Pierre Bensusan
- Blind Mary Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Moran's Return Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley
- Finn Maccool's Reel Performed by Pat Kirtley
- Lord Mayo Performed by Arr. Davey Graham
- Rodney's Glory Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley
- Voyage For Ireland Performed by Pierre Bensusan
- The Blarney Pilgrim Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley
- Shi Beg Shi Mhor Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley
- The Red-Haired Boy Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley
- Fannie Power Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Planxty Irwin Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- The Rakes of Waterloo Performed by Duck Baker
- Chase The Weasel Performed by Pat Kirtley
- The South Wind Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley
- Sergeant Early's Dream Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley
- The Pretty Milkmaid Performed by Arr. Pat Kirtley