There are currently no items in your cart.
Pas de Deux composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Arranged by Judith Katz. For woodwind quintet. Score and parts. Published by Imagine Music - Digital (IZ.CMS135).
Since it's premier on December 18th, 1892 in the Imperial Marinsky Theater, The Nutcracker has grown enormously in popularity. For American ballet companies alone, it accounts for at least 40% of their annual revenues. "The Nutcracker" is so popular, that it has produced at least two animated versions, along with numerous live, filmed versions. Parts have been used in Disney's "Fantasia", and have led to a Duke Ellington/Billy Strayhorn jazz arrangement of the music.For the vast majority, there are certain melodies from the classical genre that have become very recognizable. Some of the more familiar segments, "Waltz of The Flowers", "Arabian Dance", among many, can be heard in many recordings, and have been used in lots of instrumental music instruction book.However, the Pas de Deux, is more familiar to ballet aficionados. The inspiration for the melancholy theme can be attributed to the death of Tschaikowsky's sister, who died before he actually started the work.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music in digital format that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your digital sheet music will have a “watermark” at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only licensed to print as many copies as you have purchased. You may not distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e. you may not print individual copies for friends or students)
Pas de Deux
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Pas de Deux
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Woodwind Quintet Music