There are currently no items in your cart.
Overture in E Minor
Overture in E Minor by Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767). Arranged by Ayala and Batya Rubin. For 4 recorders or recorder ensemble. Published by OR-TAV Music Publications (OT.23112).
Among the many works that George Philipp Telemann wrote for the recorder one senses that the composer himself was a recorder player. However, it is not know that Telemann wrote music for recorder ensemble. Arrangement of existing works was common in the Baroque period, and Telemann recommended arranging the music he had written for flute or violin for recorder. Ayala and Batya Rubin have continued this Baroque tradition of arranging music for other instruments in order to enable recorder ensembles to enjoy the music of Telemann. The composer wrote twenty-four overtures for strings and continuo, from which we have chosen his "Overture in F# minor" (Tafelmusik No. 19, TWV 55:fis1) to arrange for recorder ensemble. This arrangement of Telemann's "Overture in E minor" (original key F# minor) for recorder ensemble was written for players with a wide range of technical abilities. It is intended for both students and amateur players. Particularly, we have included an alternate arrangement of the Courante, in which the difficult part is divided between the upper two voices, making the work playable by students.
Overture in E Minor
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Overture in E Minor
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Recorder Sheet Music
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music