Original Big Band Sounds
Jazz Ensemble E-flat Baritone Saxophone/Solo B-flat Clarinet
E-flat Baritone Saxophone/Solo B-flat Clarinet. Arranged by trans. and arr. Jeff Hest. Jazz Ensemble Collection. Original Big Band Sounds. Jazz. Book. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.TBB9606).
Item Number: AP.TBB9606
ISBN 0769268544. Transcr. and arr. Jeff Hest.
This collection of jazz ensemble arrangements is made up of direct transcriptions of big band recordings by Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman and Duke Ellington. Arranger Jeff Hest has meticulously transcribed these jazz standards (with the original instrumentation of each famous band) and has included transcriptions of the improvised solos. The titles are: Don't Be That Way * Don't Get Around Much Anymore * Little Brown Jug * Moonlight Serenade * Pennsylvania 6-5000 * Sing, Sing, Sing Pt. I * Sing, Sing, Sing Pt. II * Stompin' at the Savoy * Song of India.
- Pennsylvania 6-5000 Composed by Jerry Gray;Lyrics by Carl Sigman
- Song of India Composed by Tommy Dorsey,Red Bone
- Don't Be That Way Additional credits Mitchell Parish,Benny Goodman,Edgar Sampson
- Sing, Sing, Sing Composed by Louis Prima;Additional credits Louis Prima
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore Composed by Duke Ellington;Lyrics by Bob Russell
- Moonlight Serenade (Instrumental) Composed by Glenn Miller
- Stompin' at the Savoy (Instrumental Version) Composed by Benny Goodman,Edgar Sampson,Chick Webb