There are currently no items in your cart.
On the Move March composed by Darrington E. White. For concert band. Grade 1. Score and set of parts. Published by TRN Music Publisher (TU.CBONT6).
On the Move was originally written as a quick-step march for the W.F. George Midle School Band to use for teaching marching fundamentals. W.F. George Middle School is located in Iowa Park, TX and Elizabeth Wetherbee is the band director. This concert version of On the Move is designed to introduce beginners or young players to march style. Conductors should use the same style of articulation that is typiically used with traditional marches.
This march can be easily performed by bands with limited instrumentation. All that is needed for a bass line is a single bass clarinet, baritone saxophone or tuba. The march should be performed at a minimum tempo of quarter note = 138 however, the condutor may want to experiment with slightly faster tempos if desired.
About the composer: Darrington White graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelor of Music Degree, with an empasis in Education. He has 23 years experience teaching music grades K-5 as well as beginning band, concert band and marching band in the Texas public schools in both small and large school districts. His bands have won numerous award at festivals and contests. Mr. White has also served as an adjudicator and clinician for invitational and UIL band contests in the state of Texas. He is presently the band director of Tolar High School in Tolar, Texas. He has written and arranged various works for marching and concert band. Mr. White is a member of the Texas Bandmaster Association, the Association of Texas Small School Bands, the Texas Music Educators Association and American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
On the Move March
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
On the Move March
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music