There are currently no items in your cart.
On the Beaten Path -- Beginning Drumset Course, Level 2 (An Inspiring Method to Playing the Drums, Guided by the Legends). By Rich Lackowski. For Drumset. Artist/Personality; DVD; Method/Instruction; Percussion - Drum Set Method or Collection. On the Beaten Path. Beginner. Published by Alfred Music (AP.37513).
This inspiring three-volume instructional series teaches you to play the drums using carefully selected beats and fills from hit songs that shaped modern music. Level 2 teaches you to play with over 50 authentic blues and jazz beats and fills by legendary drummers, including Steve Jordan (The Blues Brothers), Chris Layton (Stevie Ray Vaughan), Max Roach (Miles Davis), Buddy Rich, and many more. You'll also learn to play double-stroke rolls, buzz rolls, the 9-stroke roll, accents, rim clicks, ghost notes, crescendos, and decrescendos. And you'll learn valuable concepts like call and response, reading and playing cues, and improvisation. Tips, tools, and terms are used throughout to introduce key drumming concepts at just the right pace. This DVD correlates with all the lessons, beats, and fills in Level 2 and is intended to only be used in conjunction with the book.
"This series makes it fun to learn to play, learning pieces of inspirational drumming performances to build a rhythmic foundation."
- Robin Tolleson, Modern Drummer
- The Path
- Reading Music Notation---What You Should Already Know
- Basic Blues and Shuffle Beats
- Red House (from The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Are You Experienced) (1997 remastered version)
- You Shook Me (from Led Zeppelin's Led Zeppelin) (1969)
- Paying the Cost to Be the Boss (from B.B. King's Complete Collection) (2008, single version originally released in 1968)
- Sweet Home Chicago (from The Blues Brothers' The Blues Brothers Soundtrack) (1980)
- Revolution (from The Beatles' 1967-1970 (The Blue Album)) (1973, originally released in 1968 as the B-side to the "Hey Jude" single)
- Bad to the Bone (from George Thorogood & The Destroyers' Bad to the Bone) (1982)
- Who Do You Love (from George Thorogood & The Destroyers' Move It On Over) (1978)
- Boom, Boom (from John Lee Hooker's Urban Blues) (1967)
- I Want to Be Loved #2 (from Muddy Waters' Hard Again) (1977)
- Manish Boy (from Muddy Waters' Hard Again) (1977)
- Green Onions (from Booker T. & the MG's Green Onions) (1962)
- At Last (ex. 1) (from Etta James's At Last) (1961)
- At Last (ex. 2) (from Etta James's At Last) (1961)
- Texas Flood (from Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble's Texas Flood) (1983)
- Pride and Joy (from Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble's Texas Flood) (1983)
- Move It On Over (from George Thorogood & The Destroyers' Move It On Over) (1978)
- Basic Blues and Shuffle Fills
- Sweet Home Chicago (ex. 1) (from The Blues Brothers' The Blues Brothers Soundtrack) (1980)
- Sweet Home Chicago (ex. 2) (from The Blues Brothers' The Blues Brothers Soundtrack) (1980)
- Stone Crazy (from Buddy Guy's Buddy's Blues) (1997, single originally released in 1962)
- Red House (ex. 1) (from The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Are You Experienced) (1997 remastered version)
- Red House (ex. 2) (from The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Are You Experienced) (1997 remastered version)
- Basic Jazz Beats
- Everybody Loves Somebody (from Dean Martin's Dream with Dean) (1964)
- What a Wonderful World (from Louis Armstrong's All Time Greatest Hits) (song originally recorded in 1968)
- I've Got You Under My Skin (from Michael Buble's It's Time) (2005)
- Theme from New York, New York (from Frank Sinatra's Trilogy: Past Present and Future) (1980)
- Straight, No Chaser (from Miles Davis's Milestones) (1958)
- In a Mellow Tone (from Duke Ellington's Best of Duke Ellington) (song originally recorded in 1939)
- In the Mood (from The Glenn Miller Orchestra's Best of Glenn Miller) (song originally recorded in 1939)
- Chelsea Bridge (from Buddy Rich's The Best of Buddy Rich) (Pacific Jazz) (1997, song originally recorded in 1970)
- Blues Walk (from Lou Donaldson's Blues Walk) (1958)
- The Sidewinder (from Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder) (1964)
- Moanin' (from Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers' Moanin') (1958)
- So What (from Miles Davis's Kind of Blue) (1959)
- Jeru (from Miles Davis's Birth of the Cool) (1949)
- Basic Jazz Fills
- In Walked Bud (from Thelonious Monk's The Very Best) (2005, single originally recorded in 1947)
- I've Got You Under My Skin (ex. 1) (from Michael Buble's It's Time) (2005)
- I've Got You Under My Skin (ex. 2) (from Michael Buble's It's Time) (2005)
- I've Got You Under My Skin (ex. 3) (from Michael Buble's It's Time) (2005)
- Moanin' (from Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers' Moanin')(1958)
- In Walked Bud (from Thelonious Monk's The Very Best) (2005, single originally released in 1947)
- Everybody Loves Somebody (ex. 1) (from the Dean Martin's Dream with Dean (1964)
- Everybody Loves Somebody (ex. 2) (from the Dean Martin's Dream with Dean (1964)
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
On the Beaten Path -- Beginning Drumset Course, Level 2
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
On the Beaten Path -- Beginning Drumset Course, Level 2
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.