There are currently no items in your cart.
Old Time Gospel Songbook composed by Wayne Erbsen. For Acoustic Instruments. Saddle-stitched, SongBook. Native Ground Music. Gospel-Old Time. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95033).
ISBN 9781562229832. Gospel-Old Time. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Southern gospel classics that will warm your heart, fill your soul,and even get your toes to tapping. Most of these religious songs come from American soil, but the imagery of the poetry, and some of the twists and turns of the melodies have been borrowed from unknown songwriters in ancient times and foreign lands. The book includes a historical survey of the roots of gosel music--shape-note hymns, religious folk songs, camp meeting spirituals, and sentimental religious songs. All songs are in melody form with lyrics and guitar chords.
- Amazing Grace Performed by Words: John Newton
- How Beautiful Heaven Must Be Performed by A.P. Bland, Mrs. A.S. Bridgewater
- On The Sea Of Life Performed by T.S. Sloan, Words: George W. Sebren
- Are You Washed In The Blood? Performed by Rev. E.A. Hoffman
- Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me Performed by John E. Gould, Words: Edward Hopper
- Angel Band (Bluegrass Version) Performed by William Batchelder Bradbury, Words: Jefferson Hasc
- If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again Performed by J.W. Vaughan, Words: James Rowe
- Life's Railway to Heaven Performed by Charles D. Tillman, Words: M.E. Abbey
- The Unclouded Day Performed by Rev. J.K. Alwood
- I Will Arise
- Keep On The Sunny Side of Life Performed by J. Howard Entwisle, Words: Ada Blenkhorn
- Kneel At the Cross Performed by Charles E. Moody
- As I Went Down In The Valley To Pray
- I Will Never Turn Back Performed by R.N. Graham
- Poor Wayfaring Stranger
- Precious Memories Performed by J.B.F. Wright
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Don't You Hear Jerusalem Moan?
- Drifting Too Far From the Shore Performed by Charles E. Moody
- Hallelujah, We Shall Rise Performed by J.E. Thomas
- Angel Band Performed by William Batchelder Bradbury, Words: Jefferson Hasc
- I Have Found A Way Performed by Adger M. Pace, Words: Rev. L.E. Green
- Walk In Jerusalem Just Like John
- We Are Going Down the Valley Performed by J.H. Fillmore, Jessie Brown Pounds
- When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder Performed by J.M. Black
- Where We'll Never Grow Old Performed by James C. Moore
- Deep Settled Peace Performed by Kate Sturgill Peters
- Lord, I'm Coming Home Performed by William J. Kirkpatrick
- Shall We Gather at the River? Performed by Robert Lowry
- The Glory-Land Way Performed by J.S. Torbett
- Old-Time Religion
- Rock Of Ages Performed by Thomas Hastings, Words: Augustus M. Toplady
- Death Is Only A Dream Performed by A.J. Buchanan, Words: C.W. Ray
- He Will Set Your Fields On Fire Performed by Mrs L.L. Brackett, H.M. Ballew
- I'll Be No Stranger There Performed by A.B. Sebren, J.H. Alcon
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms Performed by Anthony J. Showalter, Elish A. Hoffman
- Oh, Those Tombs Performed by William M. Golden
- Palms of Victory Performed by John B. Matthias
- The Hallelujah Side Performed by J. Howard Entwisle, Rev. Johnson Oatman Jr
- When They Ring The Golden Bells Performed by Dion Demarbell
- Will There Be Any Stars? Performed by John R. Sweeney, Words: E.E. Hewitt
- Give Me The Roses Now Performed by R.H. Cornelius & James Rowe
- Hand In Hand With Jesus Performed by L.D. Huffstutler, Rev. Johnson Oatman Jr
- I Feel Like Traveling On Performed by William Hunter D.D.
- Methodist Pie
- Our Meeting Is Over
- Pass Me Not Performed by William H. Doane, Words: Fanny J. Crosby
- A Beautiful Life
- Hold to God's Unchanging Hand Performed by F.L. Eiland, Words: Jennie Wilson
- Shake Hands With Mother Again Performed by W.A. Berry
- The Church In The Wildwood Performed by William S. Pitts
- Where The Soul Of Man Never Dies Performed by William M. Golden
- Just A Closer Walk With Thee
- Just Over In The Gloryland Performed by James W. Acuff & Emmett S. Dean
- We Shall Meet Some Day Performed by Tillit S. Teddie
- We'll Understand It Better By And By Performed by Charles A. Tindley
- Wondrous Love Performed by John R. Sweeney, Words: E.E. Hewitt
Old Time Gospel Songbook
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Old Time Gospel Songbook
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Wayne Erbsen Sheet Music
Genre: Gospel Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook