There are currently no items in your cart.
Old-Time Festival Tunes for Clawhammer Banjo composed by Dan Levenson. For Banjo (5-String). Spiral, Songbook. Old Time. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/2-CD Set. 248 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20313BCD).
ISBN 9780786675197. Old Time. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book and two CD set is intended to be a tune repertoire book. It includes over 100 Old-Time festival favorites. Some are cliche, others unusual, some easy, some difficult. The book contains 2 lines of tablature (one basic and one advanced) as well as standard notation and suggested chords. The basic version should be playable by those with general clawhammer skills. The advanced version will require more time and finesse as it is more ornamental (often more than just melodic) and may include less than intuitive ways of playing some passages.
- (Mr.) Fischar's Hornpipe
- Banjo Tramp
- Big John McNeal
- Big Scioto
- Bill Cheatem
- Billy in the Lowground
- Black Eyed susie
- Black Eyed Suzie-anna
- Blackberry Blossom
- Bonaparte Crossing the Rhine
- Bonaparte's Retreat - 1
- Bonaparte's Retreat - 2
- Breakin' Up Christmas
- Broken Down Gambler
- Buffalo Gals - common melody in G
- Buffalo Gals - in A
- Bull At The Wagon
- Camp Chase
- Candy Girl
- Cherokee Shuffle - aka Lost Indian
- Chinese Breakdown
- Colored Aristocracy
- Cotton Eyed Joe
- Crow Creek
- Cuckoo's Nest
- Dan Levenson products available
- Dry And Dusty
- Durang's Hornpipe - festival version
- Durang's Hornpipe - old fiddlers' version
- Ed Haley's Lost Indian
- Flop Eared Mule
- Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss aka Suzanna Gal; Western Country
- Flying Indian
- Georgia Railroad
- Grasshopper Sitting on a Sweet Potato Vine
- Green Willis - aka The Raw Recruit
- Half Past Four
- Hangman's Reel - in A
- Hangman's Reel - in C
- Hollow Poplar
- Icy Mountain
- Indian Eat the Woodchuck
- Jeff Sturgeon
- Jenny Git Around
- Jimmy in the Swamp
- John Brown's Dream
- John Brown's March
- John Henry
- John Lover's Gone
- John Stenson's #2
- Johnny Cope
- Johnny Don't Get Drunk
- Joke on the Puppy - aka Rye Straw
- Julianne Johnson
- Jump in the Well My Pretty Little Miss
- Jump Jim Crow
- June Apple
- Kansas City Reel
- Kitchen Girl
- Leather Britches
- Little Billie Wilson
- Little Rabbit
- Liza Poor Gal
- Logan County Blues
- Lost Indian - 1 - straight major version
- Lost Indian - 2 - crooked modal version
- Lost Indian - 3 - in D - crooked
- Martha Campbell
- Mole in the Ground - aka Tempy
- Monkey on a Dogcart
- Muddy Roads
- New Five Cents
- Nixon's Farewell
- North Carolina Breakdown
- Old Bunch Of Keys
- Old Joe Clark - 1 - major
- Old Joe Clark - 2 - modal
- Old Mother Flanagan
- Pike's Peak - aka "Rat Cheese" or Natches Under the Hill
- Possum in a Well
- Possum on a Rail
- Quince Dillon's HIgh D
- Rachael - aka Texas Quickstep
- Ragtime Annie
- Railroading Across the Rocky Mountains aka Marmaduke's Hornpipe
- Red Haired Boy
- Reuben's Train
- Rochester Schottische
- Rocky Pallet
- Rush and the Pepper
- Saint Anne's Reel
- Sally Anne Johnson
- Sandy Boys - Burl hammons' version
- Sandy Boys - Edden Hammon's version
- Sandy River Belle
- Sarah Armstrong's Tune - aka Old Reel
- Shuffle About
- Smith's Reel
- Staten Island Hornpipe
- Sugar In The Gourd
- Texas Gals
- Tom And Jerry
- Too Young to Marry - aka - Sweet Sixteen; aka - My Love is But a Lass
- Wake Up Susan
- Walking In My Sleep
- Washington's March
- Ways Of The World
- Whiskey Before Breakfast
- Whistling Rufus
- Yellow Rose Of Texas
Old-Time Festival Tunes for Clawhammer Banjo
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Old-Time Festival Tunes for Clawhammer Banjo
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music