There are currently no items in your cart.
Old Glory composed by Les Taylor. For concert band. Concert Band. Real Music for Beginning Band. Full set (score and parts). Score only also available: B1114S. Grade 1. Score and set of parts. Duration 1 minute, 46 seconds. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.B1114).
Although composed in a traditional march style, Old Glory is much shorter and written with the skills of the beginning band student in mind. Ranges are very limited and rhythms are simple and repetitive. The interlude features the percussion and unison trumpets. There is a short tag based on the familiar strains of America (My Country 'Tis of Thee). Great opener for your spring concert or festival. (1:46).
About Real Music for Beginning Band
With this exciting series, Les Taylor offers an opportunity for young students to play engaging music, rather than the typical exercises often encountered in beginning band methods. The series reinforces basic fundamental concepts such as articulation, air support, dynamics, and intonation. Selections are scored to provide excellent bass support through octave doubling in both low brass and woodwinds. Treat your band to the music of Les Taylor and discover what Real Music for Beginning Band can do for your students. Grade 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Series: Real Music for Beginning Band