Oedipus Tex Dramatic Oratorio or Opera in One Cathartic Act
SATB chorus SATB, Soprano Solo, Tenor Solo, Baritone Solo, Horn Solo, Piano Reduction
For S.A.T.B. Chorus, Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Tenor, and Baritone Soloists,. Composed by PDQ Bach (1935-). Edited by Professor Peter Schickele. Choral. Piano reduction/vocal score. With Standard notation. Composed SEPTEMBER 1985. S 150. 74 pages. Duration 30 minutes. Theodore Presser Company #412-41072. Published by Theodore Presser Company (PR.412410720).
Item Number: PR.412410720
With Standard notation. Choral.
One of the more ambitious works by P.D.Q. Bach, a dramatic oratorio loosely based on the story of Oedipus the King. Edited from a manuscript discovered at the Alamo in Texas.
- 1. Prologue
- R*E*CITATIVE: "Well"
- 2. ARIA WITH CHORUS: "Howdy There"
- R*E*CITATIVE: "And It Wasn't Long"
- 3. DUET WITH CHORUS: "My Heart"
- R*E*CITATIVE: "But"
- 4. ARIA: "You Murdered Your Father"
- R*E*CITATIVE: "When Billie Jo Heard"
- 5. ARIA WITH CHORUS: "Goodbye"
- 6. CHORALE AND FINALE