There are currently no items in your cart.
Odd Duck (for percussion quartet). By Brian Slawson. Percussion Quartet. For glockenspiel, xylophone, one small marimba (4 octave), one 4.3 octave marimba (low A)*, temple blocks, triangle. *NOTE: If needed, both marimba parts may be performed by sharing one 4.3 octave marimba (low A) (4 players). Easy. Score and parts on CD-ROM. 8 pages. Duration 2'00". Published by Tapspace Publications (TA.TSPCE-28).
Today's percussionists face diverse musical challenges. As quirky as they can sometimes be, we need to develop a strong command of odd time signatures. Odd Duck is a charming piece written to introduce young players to the idea of odd meters, in this case 5/8, and how they can be broken down into groupings of 2 and 3. Odd Duck is playful and light, and doesn't get too heavy, allowing players to focus on becoming comfortable with the rhythms. Once this settles in for all members of the quartet, the ultimate goal is to establish and maintain a natural flow to the performance, assuring that our duck will be odd but not clumsy! This piece comes with a full, bound score and includes a CD-Rom containing an audio recording and all individual parts available for printing.
for percussion quartet
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
for percussion quartet
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.