There are currently no items in your cart.
- Listen (1)
Nightscapes composed by Adam Reifsteck. For Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Woodwind Quintet. 21st Century. Advanced Intermediate. Score. Published by Adam Reifsteck (S0.11699).
"Note: Parts are available separately on Sheet Music Plus. Public performances must be licensed through Broadcast Music, Inc. The composer mentions the following about the work: ""The composition explores a deep range of human emotions that is realized in one particular night of dreaming. Although the twelve-tone technique is a means of ensuring that all twelve notes of the chromatic scale are played without giving preference to one particular pitch obscuring any sense of a tonal center, the use of dodecaphony in â€œNightscapesâ€ mimics that of functional harmony. Combining hexachords from multiple row forms often derives chords. Yet, the tone row chosen as the prime series is presented in its entirety from the onset of the piece in the bassoon. Invariant formations are also the side effect of derived rows from the prime series where a segment of a set remains similar or the same under transformation. These are used as â€œpivotsâ€ between set forms, giving emphasis to certain pitches. In practice, the â€œrulesâ€ of twelve-tone technique have been bent and broken many times in this work. For instance, in some sections, two or more tone rows may be heard progressing at once. There are also parts of the composition in which permutation devices are used but not on the full chromatic. Given the twelve pitch classes of the chromatic scale, there are infinite pitch combination possibilities despite the fact that many of these are merely transformation of other rows. The dodecaphonic system should only serve as a compositional devise. Artistic expression remains foremost.""".
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Woodwind Quintet Music
Genre: 21st Century Sheet Music