There are currently no items in your cart.
Night And Day by Frank Sinatra. Arranged by Nelson Riddle. For big band with vocal. Swing. Medium. Full score and set of parts. Published by Jazz Lines Publications (JL.JLP-9039).
In the 1950s Frank Sinatra, along with master arranger Nelson Riddle, recorded a series of hit records for Capitol that arguably captured Ole Blue Eyes at his very best. This arrangement of Night and Day comes from 'A Swingin' Affair', released in 1957. This is an absolute standout treatment of this classic tune. Much like the entire record, this cut is forceful, brassy, and joyous, as Frank leads a standout orchestra playing another of Mr. Riddle's masterpiece interpretations. This chart helps bring to life one of the signature tunes from the strongest period of Sinatra's illustrious career-it was a song that Frank loved and this arrangement brought the song and the singer together in a timeless and magisterial way. The chart begins with a punchy, brass-led sequence that will immediately grab the listeners. The vocals come in with just baritone sax and rhythm section featuring a riff borrowed from the earlier recording of 'I've Got You Under My Skin.' All saxes then go to clarinets (alternate parts have been included that avoid doubles) while trumpets go to harmon mutes. The string parts have been scored into the clarinets. There is a cameo trombone solo in the middle of arrangement that has been fully written out. The vocal key begins in D and modulates to E flat. The hard part of this arrangement is achieving that great punchy sound that Riddle was a master at creating. Ranges:Trumpet 1: to high F Trombone 1: to high B flat Vocal Key: D modulating to E flat.
Night And Day
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Night And Day
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Voice Sheet Music
Ensemble: Big Band Music
Genre: Swing Sheet Music