There are currently no items in your cart.
New Orleans Classics for tenor saxophone. Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD4221).
Many people consider New Orleans the birthplace of jazz. After all Louis Armstrong was born and played there, as well as Joseph 'King' Oliver, the Dodds Brothers, Sidney Bechet and a roster of players to fill not one but many all-star bands. Louis Prima was a 'child of the Crescent City' as is Harry Connick and Wynton Marsalis. The whole Marsalis clan was raised there, and are all acknowledged 'jazz masters,' so its reputation as the seminal jazz town has long been acknowledged. We assembled a band of New Orleans' best players for our times, veterans all of many street parades and steamboat gigs, and asked them to put together a typical program of New Orleans Classics. Under the direction of Tim Laughlin, clarinetist supreme, and led by Connie Jones, Jr., one of the great hornmen of this city which boasts so many great players...they put together an album of must-hear, must-have songs that every traditional jazz player cherishes. Hear them now in these perfect renditions. Then join the band on your own instrument, be it clarinet, trumpet, trombone, tenor, piano, bass or drums as they swing through the French Quarter of New Orleans. Listen, can you hear that band? Audio samples galore await you down below.
Includes newly engraved solo charts printed on acid-free, ivory paper; and two compact discs featuring complete versions of each tune, plus a recording of the accompaniments minus the soloist. Also includes slow-tempo versions of most up-tempo pieces for practice purposes.
For related items see the following item numbers: MMOCD3254, MMOCD3851, MMOCD3934, MMOCD4311, MMOCD5017, MMOCD6030
- Fidgety Feet
- Tin Roof Blues Performed by Walter Melrose & New Orleans Rhythm Kings (arr. Bob Wilber)
- Royal Garden Blues
- Blue Orleans
- Dumaine St. Breakdown
- Savoy Blues
- March of the Uncle Bubbys
- Means to Miss New Orleans
- Someday You'll Be Sorry
- Quincy Street Stomp Performed by Sidney Bechet
New Orleans Classics
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
New Orleans Classics
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Tenor Saxophone Sheet Music
Series: Music Minus One