There are currently no items in your cart.
My First Banjo Picking Songs composed by Steve Kaufman. For Banjo (5-String). My First. All Styles. Beginning. E-book. 38 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications - Digital Sheet Music (M0.20799BCDEB).
ISBN 161065983X. All Styles.
This fun and easy bluegrass banjo book and audio download takes you from the very beginning. Beginning with an introduction to the instrument, the book teaches you basic banjo technique such as three-finger rolls, how to read banjo chord charts, playing back up, and hand placement, setting the foundation for the repertoire found in the book. Featuring classics such as "Boil Them Cabbage Down", "Cripple Creek" and "Tom Dooley", this book will get you playing in no time! Music presented in tablature.Companion audio available by clicking on the 'Listen' link above, or at www.melbay.com.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music in digital format that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your digital sheet music will have a “watermark” at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only licensed to print as many copies as you have purchased. You may not distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e. you may not print individual copies for friends or students)
- Parts of the Banjo
- Tuning the Banjo
- Understanding the Tablature
- Right Hand Placement
- Three Finger Rolls w/ Variation - Each roll played 4x
- Forward Roll Number One
- Forward Roll Number Two
- Forward Roll Number Three
- Forward Roll Number Four
- Backward Roll Number One
- Forward Backward Roll Number One
- Forward Backward Roll Number Twp
- Forward Backward Roll Number Three
- Alternating Thumb Rolls Number One
- Alternating Thumb Rolls Number Two
- Alternating Thumb Rolls Number Three
- Alternating Thumb Rolls Number Four
- Reading a Chord Chart
- Boil Them Cabbage Down Discussion
- Boil Them Cabbage Down
- Boil Them Cabbage Down - A Little Faster
- The Pinch - Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody Number One
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody Version Two w/ Rolls
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody Version Two w/ Rolls - Faster
- Cripple Creek
- Cripple Creek - Faster
- The Slide
- Cripple Creek Number Two - Introduction
- Cripple Creek Number Two - Slow
- Cripple Creek - First Section Variation
- Cripple Creek - Directions for Final Version
- Cripple Creek - Faster w/ Variation
- The New G Chord
- The Boom-Chuck - Back Up - Rhythm
- Salty Dog Blues - Rhythm
- Roll in My Sweet Baby's Arms - Rhythm
- Gold Watch and Chain - Rhythm
- Blue Ridge Cabin Home - Rhythm
- Red River Valley
- Tom Dooley
- Liza Jane
- You Are My Sunshine
- Old Joe Clark - Slow
- Old Joe Clark - A Little Faster
- John Hardy
- Eight More Miles To Louisville
- Eight More Miles To Louisville - A Little Faster
- Cumberland Gap
- Cumberland Gap - A Little Faster
- Two Dollar Bill
- Two Dollar Bill - A Little Faster
- Wildwood Flower
- Wildwood Flower - A Little Faster
- Shuckin' the Corn
- Shuckin' the Corn - A Little Faster
- I Saw The Light - Slow Version
- I Saw The Light - A Little Faster
- Blackberry Blossom - Slow
- Blackberry Blossom - A Little Faster
- Blackberry Blossom - Faster Again
- "The Choke" Lonesome Road Blues - Measure Three
- Lonesome Road Blues - Slow
- Lonesome Road Blues - A Little Faster
- Lonesome Road Blues - Again, A Little Faster
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
My First Banjo Picking Songs
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
My First Banjo Picking Songs
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music