There are currently no items in your cart.
Musikalische Exequien I-III composed by Heinrich Schutz (1585-1672). Edited by Gunter Graulich. Arranged by Paul Horn. This edition: Paperbound. Stuttgart Urtext Edition. German title: Musikalische Exequien I-III. Requiem, Lent and Passiontide, Mourning, death. Full score. 64 pages. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.2027900).
ISBN M-007-03399-6. Requiem, Lent and Passiontide, Mourning, death.
Heinrich Schuetz composed the Musikalische Exequien SWV 279-281 for the funeral of his patron Prince Heinrich Posthumus Reuss 1635/1636. Of the three parts, which were to be performed during three different sections of the funeral service, the first part, in the form of a sacred concerto for choir and soloists, is based on the numerous biblical passages which, in accordance with the instructions given by the deceased were to be recited at the coffin which the deceased himself had designed during his lifetime. This part is followed by a motet for double choir based on the text of a sermon ("Herr, wenn ich nur dich habe"), and at the conclusion of the hymn of praise to Simeon ("Herr, nun lassest du deinen Diener fahren"), a choir apart from the main choir intones "Selig sind die Toten" from heaven, so to speak. With this composition, written as a commission, Schuetz created one of the most artistic and heartfelt works of mourning ever written in the history of music.
- Musikalische Exequien I, SWV 279 (op. 7 Teil I) (Naked I came forth from my mother's body) - e-Moll/E minor Performed by Heinrich Schutz
- Musikalische Exequien II, SWV 280 (op. 7 Teil II) (Lord, if I have thee only) - a-Moll/A minor Performed by Heinrich Schutz
- Musikalische Exequien III, SWV 281 (op. 7 Teil III) (Lord, now dost thou grant thy true sevant) - Dorisch/Dorian Performed by Heinrich Schutz
Musikalische Exequien I-III
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Musikalische Exequien I-III
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Heinrich Schutz Sheet Music
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music
Series: Stuttgart Urtext Edition