There are currently no items in your cart.
Collection / Songbook
Music Smarts (The Inside Truth and Road-Tested Wisdom from the Brightest Minds in the Music Business). Edited by David Schwartz. Arranged by David Schwartz. Berklee Press. Softcover. 200 pages. Published by Berklee Press (HL.50449591).
ISBN 0876390971. 5x7 inches.
This amazing compilation features 600 quotations from esteemed musicians and artists who have taken a moment to reflect on their influences, heroes, integrity, performances, and so much more. These gems of hard-won wisdom cover not only the highs of success, money, and fame, but also frankly reveal the lows of missteps and rejection. The shared experiences of heavy-hitters such as George Martin, Tom Petty, Phil Ramone, Brian Wilson, Jack Johnson, k.d. lang, David Foster, and Carlos Santana, to name just a few, can function as both advice for those starting out in the industry and a behind-the-scenes peek for any music fan. This handbook also includes a visual “who's who” of the music biz with the inclusion of headshots of the artists featured. A celebration of what it means to make music, this collection is a must-have for anyone who has ever hummed a tune or been inspired by an insightful lyric.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Berklee Press