There are currently no items in your cart.
Music of Latin America for Acoustic Guitar composed by Elias Barreiro. For Guitar (Classical). Squareback saddle-stitched, Solos. Latin American. Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 122 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97843BCD).
ISBN 9780786641215. Latin American. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This superb collection features 31 solo guitar settings of a colorful spectrum of music from Brazil, Venezuela, Columbia, Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Peru, the Dominican Republic, and Uruguay. The music is derived largely from 19th and 20th century piano literature. While many anonymously composed selections are included here, most of these tunes were written by professional musicians who happened to be pianists, band directors or arrangers. Typical of the period, some orchestral scores appears as piano reductions, which Professor Barreiro has also used as a source for his guitar transcriptions. All of these selections are presented in standard notation and tablature with historical and performance notes. A companion CD is included featuring 16 selections from the book performed by Barreiro.
- Bartola Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Yo Se Lo Dire A Usted Performed by Tomas Leon; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Coracao Que Sente Performed by Ernesto Nazateth; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Corazon Performed by Eduardo Sanchez De Fuentes; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Suspiros Del Chachamayo Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- El Montonero Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- La Reina De Las Flores Performed by Tomas Leon; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Tu y Yo Performed by Angel Mislan; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Por Un Beso De Tu Boca Performed by Guillermo Quevedo; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Pasillo Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Tico-Tico No Fuba Performed by Zequinha Do Abreu; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Contradanza Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- En Lo Frondoso Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- La Mercedes Performed by Isidora Zegers; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- La Tarde Performed by Sindo Garay; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Vals No 1 Performed by Andres David Ramirez; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- El Sueno Performed by Mariano Arredondo; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- La Tarde Esta Amorosa Performed by Ignacio Cervantes; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Vals No 3 Performed by Andres David Ramirez; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Ixim Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- San Antonio Polopo Performed by Mario Bolanos Garcia; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- La Luz Electrica Performed by Tomas Leon; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Mis Flores Negras Performed by Carlos Amable Ortiz; Arr. By Eliz Barreiro
- No Me Toques Performed by Juan Morel Campos; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Vals No 2 Performed by Andres David Ramirez; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- El Mambi Performed by Luis Casas Romero; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- La bayamesa Performed by Sindo Garay; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Yaravi Antiguo Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- La Matilde Performed by Manuel Saumell; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Odeon Performed by Ernesto Nazateth; Arr. By Elias Barreiro
- Mariquita Performed by Arr. By Elias Barreiro
Music of Latin America for Acoustic Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Music of Latin America for Acoustic Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Latin Sheet Music