Music for Saxophone Quartet
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD4211).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD4211
After years of neglect, the saxophone quartet is rapidly regaining favor as an ensemble capable of the highest standards of musical expression. This is why many excellent composers, especially those of French origin, have written some of their best music for saxophone quartet, so that today there exists a large repertory for this ensemble, many of the best of which are included on this MMO album. Includes compositions by Pierne, Boccherini, Cailliet, Clerisse, and Hermann. Magnifique!
Includes a high-quality printed solo part and a compact disc containing a complete performance with soloist; then a second version with the accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
For related items see the following item numbers: MMOCD4128, MMOCD4801, MMOCD4901
- Menuett Performed by Luigi Boccherini (arr. Cailliet)
- Trois Conversations (1. Conversation Amusante; 2. Conversation Sentimentale; 3. Conversation Animee) Performed by Paul Pierne
- Concertino: III. Allegro Performed by Ralph Hermann
- Introduction & Scherzo Performed by Robert Clerisse
- Fantasy & Fugue on 'O Susanna' Performed by Lucien Cailliet
- Gold Rush Suite (1: Sweet Betsy from Pike; 2: The Days of '49; 3: California Stage Coach; 4: Used-up Man; 5: What Was Your Name in the States?; 6: Lousy Miner; 7: Joe Bowers and California Bank Robbers) Performed by Jack Marshall