There are currently no items in your cart.
Motown Trombone by Ira Nepus. For Trombone. Book and accompaniment CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD3936).
"Back in the 60's I got to back up and work with a lot of the Motown groups, even record with a few. One night I was on stage with Martha Reeves and the Vandellas. They had their own rhythm section, and I was one of the added horns. I was impressed and amazed that the drummer and bass player were backing up their big numbers playing in a more modern jazz-like style, like Art Blakey or Elvin Jones, and still keeping the groove. It was actually swinging. I have always loved many of the melodies that are part of the Motown Family. It has shaped my style as a player. The beat, the groove, and the basic harmonies, still inspire me after all these years as a jazz musician. They also take us back to a simpler time in life, and when melody was king."
- Ira Nepus
This Music Minus One Edition Includes:
-A high-quality, newly engraved printed edition of the transcribed note-for-note trombone solo part, printed on easy-to-read, acid-free, ivory paper.
-A compact disc containing the complete performance of each piece in digital stereo, followed by a second digital stereo version minus the soloist.
- What's Going On
- Got To Give It Up
- I'll Be Doggone
- Ain't That Peculiar
- Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Pride And Joy
- That's The Way Love Is
- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You
- (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave
- The Way You Do The Things You Do
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Trombone Sheet Music
Series: Music Minus One