There are currently no items in your cart.
More Cowbell composed by Mark Williams. Concert Band. Concert Band; SmartMusic. Accent on Achievement. Novelty; TV. Grade 1. Conductor Score & Parts. 128 pages. Duration 2:00:00. Published by Alfred Music (AP.24637).
More Cowbell was inspired by the famous television skit featuring a rock band, a record producer, and an over-zealous cowbell player. If the cowbell player is good at hamming it up (and rocking out!), you could try the following staging suggestions: Cowbell player plays with intensity and lots of movement, and starts moving in measure 17 toward the front of the band, ending up next to the conductor in measure 24, bowing to the audience on beat 4. Conductor gives a stern look and gestures to student to get back in the percussion section (possibilities: "slit throat" gesture with side of first finger followed by pointing forcefully to the back, or similar gestures). Student slinks back, starts playing cowbell again, but quietly this time. Playing gradually picks up intensity, and player starts again toward the front in measure 41, reaching the front by measure 48. In measure 48, either A) Conductor waves hands violently for student to stop, or B) have a couple of students place a large blanket over the cowbell player. This works, but only for one measure (player quits and doesn't move in bar 49). Cowbell player resumes playing with a vengeance in measure 50 (either in spite of the teacher or under the blanket!). Make sure your new "rock star" takes another bow at the end of the piece. Have fun, and may your life always have "More Cowbell"! Correlated with Accent on Achievement, Book 1, page 27. This title is available in SmartMusic.
Movement and Staging.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Genre: TV Sheet Music
Series: Accent on Achievement