There are currently no items in your cart.
Monroe Instrumentals (25 Bill Monroe Favorites). Edited by Todd Collins. For fiddle and mandolin. Squareback saddle-stitched, Solos. Bluegrass. Intermediate. Instrumental solo book. Standard notation, mandolin tablature and chord names. 104 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99962).
ISBN 9780786664870. With standard notation, mandolin tablature and chord names. Bluegrass. 8.75x11.75 inches.
As Bill Monroe is commonly lauded as "the father of bluegrass music," his tunes are standard repertoire and should be studied and memorized by any serious student of bluegrass. This book is a collection of transcriptions in notation and tablature taken from classic instrumentals recorded over a span of 40 years, from the early 1940s to the early 1980s. It functions as a "fake book" for bluegrass students to learn the original melody or to study Monroe's playing style. The melodies were played by mandolin, fiddle, twin fiddles, or triple fiddles, and are grouped accordingly. Generally included with the fiddle melody is a transcription of the mandolin break. These transcriptions, along with the discography, will be an important resource for any student of bluegrass music.
- Honky Tonk Swing
- Bluegrass Stomp
- Blue Grass Breakdown
- Raw Hide
- Go (Come) Hither to Go Yonder
- Right, Right On
- Old Dangerfield
- Evening Prayer Blues
- Old Ebenezer Scrooge
- Big Mon
- Jerusalem Ridge
- Ashland Breakdown
- Big Sandy River
- Monroe's Hornpipe
- Road To Columbus
- Mississippi Waltz
- Stoney Lonesome
- Panhandle Country
- The Dead March
- Jenny Lynn
- Brown County Breakdown
- Tall Timber
- Lonesome Moonlight Waltz
25 Bill Monroe Favorites
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
25 Bill Monroe Favorites
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music