Modern Times - The Complete Series
Guitar (classical) - Multiple Levels
60 Original Graded Contemporary Works for Guitar. Edited by Robert Brightmore. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Chanterelle. Classic. Book. 72 pages. Published by Chanterelle (MB.ECH750).
Item Number: MB.ECH750
ISBN 9790204702367. 9 x 12 inches.
First published in five separate volumes, each original book is progressive and presents carefully selected pieces, graded in accordance with the various grading standards (grades 1-6) worldwide.
The originality and imagination of the composers presented here speaks for itself and we hope that Modern Times will be a source of pleasure to young students, players and teachers alike.
The pieces presented here have been conceived with certain priorities in mind. The overriding consideration that Robert Brightmore has given to editing this series is that musical expression dictating the required technique should be foremost in the mind, thus initiating a more creative approach to music-making. To this end, the repertoire chosen gives priority to phrasing of the melodic line and rhythmic understanding, as well as dynamic shape and contrast.
Each book further broadens the scope of technique, movement, positioning, the use of slurs, general expression, phrasing and articulation.
- Chanson du Marin Disparu Performed by Francis Kleynjans
- All that to which the name "Jazz" is given Performed by Brian Hodel
- Arpege (from op. 77) Performed by Francis Kleynjans
- Baiao Performed by Brian Hodel
- Episode Performed by George Zarb
- Escalando Performed by Jaime M. Zenamon
- Estudio A La Cubana Performed by Ernesto Cordero
- Estudio Primario No. 1 Performed by Abel Carlevaro
- Estudio Primario No. 2 Performed by Abel Carlevaro
- Grekos Performed by George Zarb
- Mexico - 18th September, 1985 Performed by Gilbert Biberian
- Paisaje Performed by Jaime M. Zenamon
- Preludio Performed by Jaime M. Zenamon
- San Martin Performed by Oliver Hunt
- Vineta Ii Performed by Ernesto Cordero