There are currently no items in your cart.
Modern Mandolin Method Grade 1 composed by Joe Carr. For Mandolin. Modern Method. Bluegrass. Beginning. E-book. 64 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications - Digital Sheet Music (M0.21497BCDEB).
ISBN 1610659864. Bluegrass.
The mandolin is used in nearly every type of music today so it is a great choice of instrument whether you like jazz, folk, classical, country, bluegrass, rock, blues, Irish or many kinds of world music. Much of this music is available only in standard notation so that is where this book starts; TAB comes later. By learning the basic information presented in this volume, you will be prepared to approach any style. This book introduces the student to the instrument, explaining basics such as tuning and how to hold the instrument. The student is introduced to notes on each string and various left- and right-hand techniques. Chords, scales and arpeggios are introduced and students begin applying their new skills to real world repertoire in a variety of keys. 64 pages with audio.Companion audio available by clicking on the 'Listen' link above, or at www.melbay.com.
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
- Tuning Notes
- Tuning Notes
- Lesson 1: Note 1
- Lesson 2: Note 2
- Lesson 3: Note 1 & 2
- Lesson 4: Note 1, 2 & 3
- Lesson 5: GDAE
- Lesson 6: EGBD
- Lesson 7: Pick Direction 1
- Lesson 7: Pick Direction 2
- Lesson 7: Pick Direction 3
- Lesson 8: Our First Tune
- Lesson 9: Lines
- Lesson 10: Line Exercise
- Lesson 11: Spaces
- Lesson 12: Space Exercise
- Lesson 13: Note and Rest Types
- Lesson 14: Key of G
- Lesson 15: Scale Practice
- Lesson 16: Simple Gifts
- Lesson 17: A Common Fiddle tune
- Lesson 18: Turkey in the Straw
- Lesson 19: Dotted Notes
- Lesson 22: C Scale
- Lesson 23: C Scale Exercise
- Lesson 24: Texas Gals
- Lesson 25: The Key of D
- Lesson 26: D Scale Exercise
- Lesson 27: Liberty
- Lesson 28: Ode to Joy
- Lesson 29: Fainne Gael an Lae
- Lesson 30: the Humours of Glendart
- Lesson 31: Chord Melody - Greensleeves
- Lesson 32: What a Friend
- Lesson 33: Key of A
- Lesson 34: A reading Exercise
- Lesson 35: Devil's Dream
- Lesson 36: Ties and Slurs
- Lesson 37: Wilson's Wilde
- Lesson 39: Basic Chords
- Lesson 40: Chord Exercise
- Lesson 41: Movable Chords
- Lesson 42: Movable/Changable Chords
- Lesson 43: House of the Rising Sun
- Lesson 44: The Harmonized Scale in 6ths
- Lesson 45: Accidentals 1
- Lesson 45: Accidentals 2
- Lesson 46: Tremolo 1
- Lesson 46: Tremolo 2
- Lesson 47: Romance
- Lesson 48: Santa Lucia
- Lesson 49: Leyenda
- Lesson 50: Las Mananitas
- Lesson 51: Bach Minuet
- Lesson 52: Lesson for 2 Lutes
- Lesson 53: Harmony in Thirds - C
- Lesson 54: The Key of E
- Lesson 55: Hard Times
- Lesson 56: The Key of F
- Lesson 57: Harmony in Thirds - F
- Lesson 58: Nearer My God To Thee
- Lesson 59: The Key of Bb
- Lesson 60: Amazing Grace
- Lesson 61: Harmony in Thirds - Bb
- Lesson 62: 2/4 and the Key of Eb
- Lesson 63: The Eb Exercise
- Lesson 64: Holmes Hornpipe
- Lesson 65: The Key of Ab
- Lesson 66: Ab Exercise
- Lesson 67: A Flat Horpipe
- Lesson 68: Harmony in Thirds - Ab
- Lesson 71: Pavan
- Lesson 72: Harmony in Thirds - G
- Lesson 73: Minor Scale 1
- Lesson 73: Minor Scale 2
- Lesson 73: Minor Scale 3
- Lesson 74: Poor Wayfaring Stranger
- Lesson 75: Hatikva
- Lesson 76: Harmony in Thirds - Eb
- Lesson 77: Leontina Mazurka
- Lesson 78: We Three Kings of Orient Are
- Lesson 79: Harmony in Thirds - D
- Lesson 79: Harmony in Thirds - A
- Lesson 80: Pentatonic 1
- Lesson 80: Pentatonic 2
- Lesson 80: Pentatonic 3
- Lesson 81: Sakura
- Lesson 82: Harmony in Thirds - E
- Lesson 83: Scale Patterns for Practice
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
Modern Mandolin Method Grade 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Modern Mandolin Method Grade 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Mandolin Sheet Music
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Mel Bay Modern Method