There are currently no items in your cart.
Missa Prolationem by Johannes Ockeghem (1410-1497). For mixed choir. Published by Fennica Gehrman (FG.55009-371-3).
This, the first issue in the series, makes Ockeghem's contrapuntal tour-de-force available in a modern edition for the first time. With its remarkable Prolation (the simultaneous use of different time signatures) and ingenious construction as a series of single and double canons encompassing every interval of the diatonic scale, the work is an effortless demonstration of the art of counter!point. Fazer Editions of Early Music is a choral series under the editorial supervision of Paul Hillier, founder and artistic director of the renowned Hilliard Ensemble. Although each title in this series is the result of careful scholarly research and is a reliable source for musicologists, the series' main purpose is to make practical performing editions available to choirs and other vocal ensembles. The original C clefs have been replaced by G and F clefs and the note values adapted to conform to modern practice. All the works in the series are intended for mixed voices. Each title includes a lengthy introduction in English and notes on the editorial principles. Where necessary, an English translation of the text and a guide to pronunciation are provided.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Mixed Choir Music