There are currently no items in your cart.
Missa Pro Pace composed by Daniele Carnevali. For Concert band (with SATB or unison choir ad lib. with keyboard accompaniment). Contents: I. Kyrie - II. Gloria - III. Sanctus - IV. Benedictus - V. Agnus Dei. Sacred Music. Grade 2.5. Score and set of parts. Duration 14:10. Published by Scomegna Edizioni Musical srl (S4.ESB697).
The Latin Mass has always been a source of inspiration for numerous composers, many of whom produced works of immense musical and spiritual value, such as the Polyphonic Masses by Palestrina and a number of his contemporaries. Other, more recent examples include works by Bach and Mozart, Beethoven and Verdi: absolute masterpieces in the history of music. MISSA PRO PACE, composed in 1986, is unique in that it was written for choir and band. We must go back at least one century to find records of anything similar in Italy. The choral part, in both the quartet and choir versions, is austere and dignified. Characterised by the absence of virtuosities, a sense of communion and spirituality pervades the entire work. The general choir conveys the wealth of traditional choral expressions. Likewise, the band either provides a light accompaniment for the choral melody or enhances its solemnity. The Mass can be performed as a whole (the 5 parts in sequence) or as separate parts, to accompany the liturgy. The work can also be performed without the choir.
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
Missa Pro Pace
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Missa Pro Pace
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level: Grade 2