There are currently no items in your cart.
Messiah (A sacred oratorio). Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Watkins Shaw. For Choral (Vocal Score). Music Sales America. Baroque, Choral, Christmas and Easter. Difficulty: medium. Vocal score (paperback). Choral notation and piano reduction. 257 pages. Novello & Co Ltd. #NOV070137. Published by Novello & Co Ltd. (HL.14021327).
ISBN 0853602115. With choral notation and piano reduction. Baroque, Choral, Christmas and Easter. 7.5x11 inches.
The world-famous Novello choral edition of Handel's beautiful masterpiece. Arranged for SATB with piano part. Edited with piano reduction by Watkins Shaw.
- Part One
- Sinfonia (Overture)
- Comfort Ye My People Recitative
- Ev'ry valley shall be exalted Air
- And the Glory of the Lord Chorus
- Thus saith the Lord Recitative
- But who may abide the day of his coming? (Version I) Air for Alto
- But who may abide the day of his coming (Version II) Transposed for Soprano
- And he shall purify Chorus
- Behold, a virgin shall conceive Recitative
- O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion Air and Chorus
- For behold, darkness shall cover the earth Recitative
- The people that walked in darkness Air
- For Unto Us a Child is Born Chorus
- Pifa ('Pastoral Symphony')
- There were shepherds abiding in the field Recitative
- And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them Recitative
- And the angel said until them Recitative
- And suddenly there was with the angel Recitative
- Glory To God Chorus
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion (Version I) Air (4/4)
- Then shall the eyes of the blind Recitative
- He shall feed his flock (Version I) Air for Soprano
- He shall feed his flock (Version II) Transposed for Alto and Soprano
- His yoke is easy, and his burthen is light Chorus
- Behold the Lamb of God Chorus
- He Was Despised Air
- Surely he hath borne our griefs Chorus
- And with his stripes we are healed Chorus
- All we like sheep have gone astray Chorus
- All they that see him laugh him to scorn Recitative
- He trusted in God Chorus
- Thy rebuke hath broken his heart Recitative
- Behold, and see if there be any sorrow Air
- He was cut off out of the land of the living Recitative
- But thou didst not leave his soul in hell Air
- Lift up your heads, O ye gates Chorus
- Unto which of the angelsl said he at any time Recitative
- Let all the angels of God worship him Chorus
- Thou art gone up on high (Version I) Air for Alto
- Thou art gone up on high (Version II) Transposed for Soprano
- The Lord gave the word Chorus
- How beautiful are the feet (Version I) Air
- Their sound is gone out (Version I) Chorus
- Why do the nations so furiously rage together (Version I) Air
- Why do the nations so furiously rage together (Version II) Air and Recitative
- Let us break their bonds asunder Chorus
- He that dwelleth in heaven Recitative
- Thou shalt break them Air
- Hallelujah Chorus
- I Know That My Redeemer Liveth Air
- Since by man came death Chorus
- Behold, I tell you a mystery Recitative
- The Trumpet Shall Sound Air
- Then shall be brought to pass Recitative
- O death, where is thy sting? Duet, Alto and Tenor
- But thanks be to God Chorus
- If God be for us (Version I) Air for Soprano
- If God be for us (Version II) Transposed for Alto
- Worthy is the lamb that was slain Chorus
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion (Version II) Air (12/8)
- Thou art gone up on high (Version III) Air for Bass
- How beautiful are the feet (Version II) Air for Alto
- How beautiful are the feet...Break forth into joy Duet and Chorus
- Their sound is gone out (Version II) Air
A sacred oratorio
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
A sacred oratorio
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Choir Music
Format: Vocal Score